Renowned leaders speaking in event available in Van Wert
Monday, March 24, 2014 12:05 AM
Times Bulletin Staff Report
South African human rights activist Desmond Tutu (pictured above) is one of the many remarkable speakers to be featured at Leadercast on May 9. The event will be available for viewing at Lifehouse Church at Camp Clay. (Photo by Elke Wetzig)
Van Wert — Local community and business leaders will can access to the knowledge and experience of leaders like Archbishop Desmond Tutu, journalist and author Malcolm Gladwell, Author and communicator Andy Stanley, and former First Lady Laura Bush at a special event on May 9.
Leadercast® will be available at Lifehouse Church at the YMCA Camp Clay Center from 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. The event is sponsored by the Van Wert Area Chamber of Commerce, Kenn-Feld Group Inc., Vancrest, Cooper Farms and Central Insurance Companies.
The Leadercast® event will be broadcast live from Atlanta, Ga. to hundreds of sites around the world, including Van Wert.
Last year, over 100,000 leaders from 14 countries attended Leadercast®. Now, in its 15th year, this full-day, experiential conference is on track to reach its largest audience to date.
This year’s speaker lineup includes:
• Andy Stanley, Leadership author and communicator,
• Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Nobel laureate & human rights activist live from Cape Town, South Africa,
• Malcolm Gladwell, Journalist and best-selling author of The Tipping Point and Outliers,
• Randall Wallace, Screenwriter, director, producer & songwriter (Braveheart, Secretariat),
• Bill McDermott, CEO of SAP,
• Laura Schroff, Former ad sale executive and best-selling author of An Invisible Thread,
• Dr. Henry Cloud, Clinical psychologist and leadership consultant,
• Simon Sinek, Best-selling author of Start with Why and leadership expert,
• Laura Bush, First Lady of the United States (2001-2009) via exclusive video interview.
“Central is excited and proud to be a Top Tier Sponsor for 2014 Leadercast. A company is only as good as its leaders….we want each leader at Central to ‘Be a Leader Worth Following’,” stated Jan White, Central Insurance Companies senior vice president - Human Resources & Facilities. “We know this program will be beneficial to our people; we look forward to learning from the leadership experts involved in this simulcast. Thanks to the Van Wert Chamber for bringing a quality program like this to Van Wert.”
All communities including Van Wert need excellent, more inspiring leaders in our, businesses, schools and organizations. Leadercast® exists to serve individuals and organizations across all sectors who want to become intentional about raising their standard of leadership. This year’s theme, “Beyond You. Be A Leader Worth Following,” challenges leaders to focus outward rather than inward.
Mark Hiegel, plant manager at Cooper Farms Cooked Meats shared, “We firmly believe that our team members are what set us apart as a company, and we love the opportunity to send our Leaders to this event that will help them become more passionate and creative than they already are. We’re confident that we will greatly benefit from this simulcast.”
For local ticketing information, call (419) 238-4390, email chamber@vanwertchamber, or visit www.vanwertchamber.com.