Lincolnview graduates list approved
Thursday, April 17, 2014 12:00 AM
MIDDLE POINT — With the end of classes approaching for the 2013-14 school year, Lincolnview Local Schools Board of Education approved a list of 64 graduates from Lincolnview High School and another eight from Marsh School. High school graduation is scheduled for May 25.
The board also approved membership in the Northwest Ohio Educational Technology Foundation and the Northwestern Ohio Educational Research Council, Inc. for the 2014-15 school year. The week of May 5-9 was designated as Teacher and Classified Staff Appreciation Week.
Two guests made presentation at Tuesday’s board meeting. Second grade teacher Dan Williamson reported on student projects from the students, and Deb Stetler talked about the upcoming senior class trip to Chicago in May.
Resignation letters for the purpose of retirement were accepted from elementary Title I teacher Linda Downey, ag ed teacher Anthony Campbell, and fifth grade teacher Ellen Hemple. Downey steps down after 33 years at Lincolnview Campbell after 24 years, and Hemple after 20 1/2 years.
In other action, the board:
• Approved the 2014 summer school proposal.
• Approved a contract with Julian & Grube to assist in preparation of the district’s financial statements.
• Approved a CD investment of $1,066,458.76 with First Financial Bank for 18 months.
• Distributed $41o,860 in alternative energy receipts.
• Approved the purchase of technology equipment of $197,035 with funding provided by the Straight A grant.
• Approved the purchase of two 72-passenger buses from Cardinal Bus Sales and Service for a total cost of $163,542, including the trade-in of two buses.
• Awarded roof work contract to Frost Roofing, Inc. for $67,689, and the contract for lighting replacement project to Harrod Nagel Electric, Inc. for $147,176.
• Approved after-prom activities at the YMCA in Van Wert with the Van Wert Service Club on May 3-4 from 11:30 p.m. - 2:30 a.m.
• Approved the 2014-15 academic school year calendar.
• Approved supplemental contracts for spring 2014 for Beth Schnipke, Susan Tenhundfeld, and Malinda Shellabarger, a one-year supplemental tutoring contract for Sandra Dowdy, a contract to coach junior high softball to Shane Keipper, and volunteer Richard Boroff for maintenance of the high school baseball field.