The Lincolnview Board of Education honored the local FFA chapter in advance of National FFA Week during the Wednesday board meeting. Above are Board President Eric Germann, Bryce Campbell, Jacob Gibson, and Superintendent Jeffrey Snyder. (Times Bulletin/Ed Gebert)
VAN WERT — The Lincolnview Board of Education made its annual trek to the Marsh Foundation to hold its February meeting. Principal Roger Salisbury was on hand to welcome board members and to update them on accomplishments and activities at the school.
Also participating were first-grade students who presented copies of books written and illustrated by each of the three first-grade classes.
The board passed a resolution proclaiming National FFA Week next week. Advisor Tony Campbell was present with Bryce Campbell and Jacob Gibson to give board members a review of test results and a peek at the upcoming schedule of activities.
Lincolnview is considering refinancing some or all of its debt, according to District Treasurer Troy Bowersock. Interest rates are favorable and the district’s other obligations make this a possibility. With a refinance, the district could retire some of its debt ahead of schedule. Those decisions are still being discussed.
Bowersock also noted that the district audit has been approved by the state and has been sent on to the federal level for final approval.
Superintendent Jeffrey Snyder reported that, as of Wednesday, the district has used three more calamity days than allotted this school year. Lincolnview will not have classes on Friday due to an in-service day for teachers, but will be in session on Monday to make up one of the days. As of now, the other two days will be made up at the end of the calendar.
In other action, the board:
• Approved a depository agreement with Wells Fargo Bank, NA through Jan. 31, 2019.
• Approved an agreement with Garmann Miller Associates for services associated with a shop roof replacement and lighting upgrades.
• Approved Lincolnview’s open enrollment policy for the next school year.
• Approve the 2014 summer school program at the Lincolnview Marsh building and grant one-year contracts to teachers Tom Mayes, Suzanne Hall, and Valori Dunn.
• Approved a business travel accident certificate of coverage for Superintendent Jeffrey Snyder and Treasurer Troy Bowersock.
• Approved the resignation of Daryl Dowdy as junior high track coach.
• Approved amounts and rates of levies and certifying them to the county auditor for fiscal year 2015.
• Approved use of the following unpaid assistants for spring sports: Todd Fox, Al Arnold, Sabrina Barnhart, Calli Coppus, Jeremy Ebel, and Daryl Dowdy.
• Approved the Lincolnview Indoor Track Club for the current school year at no cost to the district.
• Approved Ben Cowan and Matt Langdon as unpaid assistant indoor track coaches for the current school year.
• Accepted resignation letters from sixth grade teacher Patricia Morris and intervention specialist Marilyn Agler.
• Approved the advancement to the master’s degree pay scale for Matt Alessandrini beginning with next school year.
• Approved the Lincolnview Local Fellowship of Christian Athletes Club with Matt Langdon as voluntary advisor.
• Approve Teresa Dunlap as substitute for the rest of the current school year.
• Approved an overnight senior class trip to Chicago on May 16-17.
• Approved an overnight trip for the varsity cheerleading competition team to attend the Ohio State Cheerleading competition March 1-2 in Columbus.
• Gave special praise and recognition to Eric Germann for receiving the Ohio School Boards Association’s Award of Achievement for 2014. He will receive the award March 13 at a conference in Fremont, Ohio.